English Wordplay ~ Listen and Enjoy
Radio Producer, Author, University Teacher and Actor
Academic and Professional:
- Educated by Jesuit Fathers at Beaumont College
- Master of Arts in Politics, Philosophy and Economics, St Edmund Hall, Oxford University
- 2nd Lieutenant, Royal Artillery
- Tour Guide in France and Spain
- Theatrical Agent, representing leading actors and dramatists
- Script Editor, Thirty Minute Theatre, BBC2
- Script Editor, The Wednesday Play, BBC1
- Script Editor, The Afternoon Play, BBC Radio 4
- Senior Radio Drama Producer, Bristol
- Winner of Sony Radio Comedy Award for "Crisp and Even Brightly", in which Timothy West played 'Good' King Wenceslas
- Producer of 13 x 1 hour BBC Radio Histories of Australia for the Bicentary in 1988
- Directed Walter Matthau in his only radio play in Los Angeles
- Favourite production: his Cycling Pilgrimage from Mont St Michel to Santiago de Compostela with Seamus his 12 year old son, broadcast four times on Radio 4
- Director of Stage Plays, including The Healing Arts with Vietnamese Actors for the Small Stage Company, Saigon. The play was appreciated by the United Nations Peace Meditation Group
- Director of Independent Radio Production "The Hearts and Lives of Men" by Fay Weldon
- Director with Bob Pierson of 4 Oscar Wilde Plays for Penguin Audio starring Sir Derek Jacobi, Jane Lapotaire, Stephanie Beecham, Miriam Margolyes, Greg Wise, Anna Massey, Ronald Pickup and others.
- Radio Acting Tutor at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School and the Birmingham School of Acting
- Script Writing Tutor in the Creative Studies Facultis at Bath Spa University and the University of Wales
- Screenplay Writing Tutor on the Film Director's MA Course at Bristol University
Producer of Learning English through Drama, Thailand
|Mary and Benjamin |
at one month
|Shaun and Granddaughter, |
Shaun has three grown up children and four grandchildren.
A follower of A Course in Miracles and of the teaching in The Ringing Cedars series, of Of Water and the Spirit and The Healing Wisdom of Africa by Malidoma Some and Talking with Leaders of the Past and with Twentieth Century Men and Women compiled by Peter Watson Jenkins and channeled by Toni Ann Winninger. Please see below.
Addicted to travelling, particularly in the Far East, West Africa and Russia.
Enjoys grandchildren, friendships, gardening, travelling, learning languages, walking, cycling, swimming and paddling.
Shaun has recently become the proud, grateful and delighted grandfather to two new grandsons:
Tate Montgomery MacLoughlin, son of Seamus and Sarah, born 15th January 2012
and his cousin
Louis Coram, son of Tony and Mary, and brother of Benjamin, born 27th January 2012.
|Brothers: Benjamin and Louis|
|Cousins: Tate and Louis|
From a lifetime's reading, I particularly recommend Meditations on the Tarot, the jouney of a Christiam Hermeticist by Valentin Tomberg,
an unsung genius and healer of souls and The Dream of the Cosmos: a Quest for the Soul by Anne Baring. In my opinion this is the most important book of the Twentyfirst
Century and if the human race is to survive it should be required reading for all politicians and for all sixth formers.
Otherwise I have forgotten more books than I care to remember, but from a lifetime's reading I recommend these: